St. Thomas is known for luxury. St. John appeals to honeymooners and nature lovers. St. Croix has sugar cane plantations and rum distilleries that offer a glimpse into both the past and the present of the Virgin Islands.
The population estimated in 2010 was approximately 106,405, and mostly Afro-Caribbean. Tourism is the primary economic activity, although there is a significant rum manufacturing sector. Farming is done on a smaller scale on the island of St. Croix, although it has seen a slow resurgence in recent years.
The U.S. Virgin Islands are organized under the 1954 Revised Organic Act of the Virgin Islands and have since held five constitutional conventions.
The United States Virgin Islands enjoy a tropical climate, with little seasonal change throughout the year. Rainfall is concentrated in the high sun period , while in the winter the northeast trade winds prevail. Summer and winter high temperatures differ by 5 F or less on average
How To Save Money in U.S. Virgin Islands:
- Book early: It's possible to secure a good deal at one of the United States Virgin Islands four-star hotels in the peak season, but you should start looking for a room up to a year in advance.
- Visit in spring: April and May hotel rates are lower, plus you'll get your Caribbean vacation in before the sticky, wet summer.
- Take an Eastern Caribbean cruise: St. Thomas one of the busiest ports in the Caribbean, and the top cruises generally dock for up to eight hours. That'll give you time to explore sites.
The hotels that you will find here are as under:
- Holger Danske Hotel
- The Ritz Carlton
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort
- Point Pleasant Resort
- Gallows Point Resort
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas
- Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort
- The Buccaneer
- Sea Shore Allure
- The Palms at Pelican Cove
The restaurants that you will find here are as follows:
- Pizza Pi
- Our Market Smoothies
- Cafe Fresco
- Cup N Kettle Tea House
- 40 Strand Eatery
- Island View Guest House
- ZoZo's Ristorante
- Sam & Jack's Deli
- Off The Grid
The things to do here in U.S.V.I are:
- Boat Tours
- Scuba & Snorkelling
- Private Tours
- Maho Beach
- Trunk Bay
- Magens Bay
- Kayaking & Canoeing
- Cinnamon Bay
- Waterlemon Cay
- Scott Beach
Visit the United States Virgin Island once and enjoy your trip.